Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reflection

In this week's field experience, I was placed in another teachers classroom because of schedule conflict from ISTEP. The room I was in had an exceptional teacher. I was only in that room for roughly an hour, but I could already tell this was a teacher I would want to model myself after. She was laid back, but firm, fun, but serious. I could tell that she wanted the kids to succeed, but she didn't want to 'scare' them into doing so. I feel that it was beneficial to be in that room, if only for a short while, because it allowed me to see that there are teachers like that out there, and that I can be one of them. It is something to mold myself after, while still being true and unique to myself and my own beliefs. It is important to not only realize that every student learns in a different way, but that every teacher also teaches in a different way.
I am also excited about our research paper for this class, because I have chosen to write about a country. The country that I choose will hopefully be the country I will do a portion of my student teaching in. I am fairly certain that I will participate in the cultural immersions project in the spring of 2012, and I am very excited about that. It will be very interesting to see how educational systems are run in other cultures and countries.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you got to work with a great teacher. I would love to observe this teacher because she sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are doing your paper on a country that you hope to teach in! Doing a cultural immersions project would be an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete