Monday, November 22, 2010

This past field experience was one that was more relaxed than others. We spent a portion of the time outdoors on the playground during their bonus recess time. This at first seemed irrelevant to things inside the classroom, but I began to notice who each of the students were hanging around out on the playground, as well as what kinds of things they did while outside. It was interesting to see that the playground was almost exactly divided in half; boys on one side playing soccer, and girls on the other side on the equipment. I took the time to notice how my kidwatching student was interacting with the other students. She seemed to be laughing and playing along with a big group of girls all of whom were interacting with the other sixth grade teacher. This was good to see that she was being with friends, and having a nice time.

In class we began working on our digital stories. Our group decided to create a digital story based around "how to make a pb&j sandwich." I will be interested to see how all of these turn out. I attempted to create one in W200 last year, however, I became frustrated with Window's Movie Maker, and hastily rushed through. Needless to say, I did not do very well on the project. Hopefully this time I will do better.

1 comment:

  1. What a great insight- another way to know students on the playground.

    ReplyDelete